Phillip takes a personalised approach to crafting a solution that fits your requirements and most importantly, builds ensuring skills and insights.
He believes in delivering solutions that are tailored to the desired workplace culture and capabilities of the team, and which can be implemented by them for a lasting outcome.
When required, he can also draw on a range of subject matter experts to support the project, such as designers or app developers or additional consultants.
You can read feedback from past clients here.
- With over a decade’s experience in this space, and Phillip is regularly invited to work in environments that require sensitivity and flexibility on the day. Key areas of expertise are customer service, project management and strategic planning + workplace culture, as well as board meetings, AGM’s or panel discussions.
- For example, he designed and ran the inaugural summit of TEDx event organisers from Australia and New Zealand. The summit produces a ‘best practice’ approach to designing and running TEDx events for the volunteer organisers.
- Clients have included the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Austrade, the Commonwealth Department of Finance, Engineers Australia and others
- You can read an article on what he thinks makes for an effective facilitation experience here.
- He has considerable experience in the commonwealth space developing and review strategic communications plans and campaigns including ‘No-Jab,No Pay’ and introducing a corporate LinkedIn presence for the Department of Social Services. Phillip also developed an innovative, low cost approach to promotion and engagement for the McClelland Sculpture Park and Gallery in Victoria to drive visitation and revenue.
- He also developed the Australian Scholarships Brand and supporting international promotional strategy as part of a partnership of the, then, Department’s of Education and AusAid.
Customer Service and Culture
- Drawing on his previous international experience in hospitality and tourism, plus running my own business, he has developed bespoke customer service training programs for Austrade for all it’s staff, medical practices, been guest judge at the Customer Service Institute of Australia Awards.
- Phillip has also developed mentoring programs for organisations such as the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
- His experience in this area includes developing the first stakeholder map and strategy for the new Personal Controlled eHealth Record for the Department of Health, managing high level relationship across the department on sensitive matters as a Strategic Coordinator and Director of Corporate Communications at the Department of Social Services,
- Phillip also conducted a national strategic review of stakeholder views for an online service for the Attorney-General’s Department.
- He has also designed and undertaken stakeholder research surveys for the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Women in Communications and ICT and others.
Other Projects and Services
Some of the projects have included:
- Advising a peak body on how a volunteer board can perform better and develop a sustainable engagement program for it’s members and stakeholders
- Designing a training program for a medical centre team aimed at improving the customer journey and quality of experience
- Developing the LinkedIn presence and engagement strategy for a major Commonwealth department
- Producing a winning entry submission for a national awards for a recruitment firm that included writing parts of the entry, engaging a film maker to capture client + candidate testimonials, and providing concepts for the overall design.
- Developed campaign ideas and management of the production for a Australian Government department new online service including visual identity, social media, launch events, webpage concepts and video scripts.
Association Capacity Development and Strategic Advice
- Phillip provides high level advice to guide organisations to the next stage of their evolution and overcome specific challenges. He can be engaged develop strategic plans and engagement plans and run strategic planning days.
- He was contracted to the McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park in the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria to develop a wide range of philanthropic and revenue sources to ensure its ongoing sustainability.
Professional Development Solutions
- Two Degrees Group was engaged by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia to develop 12 modules for its member online professional development platform. The modules covered the themes of mentoring, leadership + engagement and social media and will be deployed online for their members.
- Another client commissioned a session on professional networking and social media to the leadership team of the Canberra Institute of Technology at their CEO Executive Forum.
- Phillip also developed workshops on effective presentations in the public sector for the ANZSOG Institute of Governance.
- Phillip is an accomplished + confident speaker with considerable experience in a range of settings + audiences sizes including media appearances. He has a natural and informative style when presenting aiming to give his audiences practical take-homes, that is also entertaining.
- You can view his range of appearances here
- He has also been engaged to conduct networking + ice-breaking events at national conferences such as for the Australian Veterinary Association, Private Hospitals Association and the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
- Phillip was a TEDxCanberra presenter in 2015.