Phillip takes a personalised approach to crafting a solution that fits your requirements and most importantly, builds ensuring skills and insights. Unlike some consultants, Two Degrees Group believes in delivering solutions that are tailored to the desired workplace culture and capabilities of the team, and which can be implemented by them for a lasting outcome.
When required, he can also draw on a range of subject matter experts to support the project, such as designers or app developers or additional consultants.
You can read some comments from past clients here.
Key expertise includes:
- Guest speaker
- Consulting services
- Strategic advice
- Professional development solutions
- Mentoring program development
- Professional networking strategies and training
- LinkedIn profile development + strategy
- Executive coaching with a focus on career transitions.
- Phillip is the Canberra representative for one of Australia’s leading fine art auction houses + gallery. He provides the local point of contact for clients and those looking to take advantage of Mossgreen’s expert services. Please read more here about that service.
- Phillip is an expert facilitator and is regularly invited to work in environments that require sensitivity and a deep understanding of the topic.
- Clients have included the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Commonwealth Department of Finance, and he also designed and ran the inaugural summit of TEDx event organisers from Australia and New Zealand. The project involves designing the program, analysis of the input from stakeholders and running the event. The summit produces a ‘best practice’ approach to designing and running TEDx events for the volunteer organisers.
- A recent project involved designing a workshop and consultation process for a national cultural institution to seek the views of internal and external stakeholders on new educational activities and effective communication + engagement programs. Phillip also developed an online survey to test the views of the data gained with a wider audience of stakeholders.
- You can read an article on what he thinks makes for an effective facilitation experience here.
- Phillip is an accomplished + confident speaker with considerable experience in a range of settings + audiences sizes. He is affable and informative when presenting aiming to give his audiences practical take-homes and the confidence to apply them. Key subjects include:
- Professional networking
- Personal branding, professional self awareness and career transitions
- He has also been engaged to conduct networking + ice-breaking events at national conferences such as for the Australian Veterinary Association, Private Hospitals Association and the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
- You can view his range of appearances here and was a TEDxCanberra presenter in 2015.
- Phillip has wide experience in the public, private, academic and not-for-profit sectors. He offers a discrete approach that provides a targeted and timely solution that also builds capability within the client’s organisation.
- Some of the projects have included:
- Developing learning and development program for a large Government Branch designed to embed a learning culture in a busy Branch.
- Producing a winning entry submission for a national awards for a recruitment firm that included writing parts of the entry, engaging a film maker to capture client + candidate testimonials, and providing concepts for the overall design.
- Developed campaign ideas and management of the production for a Australian Government department new online service including visual identity, social media, launch events, webpage concepts and video scripts.
- The design and analysis of market research and potential partnerships for a new legal service for an Australian University faculty.
- Designing and editing of a technical manual for an Australian Government agency and liaising with internal stakeholders and web development team to ensure its efficient and timely publication.
- Phillip provides high level advice to guide organisations to the next stage of their evolution and overcome specific challenges. He can be engaged for discrete projects to develop strategic plans and engagement plans.
- Past projects have included developing a complex national engagement strategy for a Commonwealth agency, and advising a national association on its membership attraction + retention strategy. He’s also developed major stakeholder engagement strategies for government agencies
- He was contracted to the McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park in the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria to develop a wide range of philanthropic and revenue sources to ensure its ongoing sustainability. The project involved looking at all facets of the Gallery operations, audience engagement, marketing and capability and providing strategic advice on how it can evolve. He also advised the board of Trustees on the strategic direction of the Gallery on audience engagement, promotion and philanthropy.
Professional Development Solutions
- Engaged by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia to develop 12 modules for its member online professional development platform. The modules cover the themes of mentoring, leadership + engagement and social media and will be deployed online for their members.
- Phillip also several topics for workshops, which run for about 1 to 2 hours each, available at short notice, and customised to your requirements:
- Social Media Fundamentals
- Presentation Skills for Professionals
- Effective PowerPoint + Presentation skills
- LinkedIn: 101 or Masterclass
- Professional Networking Skills + Strategy.
- Another client commissioned a session on professional networking and social media to the leadership team of the Canberra Institute of Technology at their CEO Executive Forum. Phillip also developed workshops on effective presentations in the public sector for the ANZSOG Institute of Governance.
Mentoring Program Development
- Phillip has designed mentoring programs for a range of organisations and also ran them using several models ranging from short-term experiences, to providing resources and capability development for ongoing partnerships.
- In 2013 he facilitated a mentoring panel featured senior executives and a mentor / mentoree meet + greet session for the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
- He has also been engaged by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to design and run a workshop to support their internal programme. He also provided research into current mentoring best practice in the public sector, and was engaged to develop internal engagement resources to drive uptake by staff in the program.
- As mentioned above, in 2014 he was commissioned by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia to develop several e-modules on the topic for their members to be delivered via their online learning platform.
Professional Networking and Training
- Drawing on thousands of hours of networking experiences, Phillip can develop a game plan to ensure your networking is targeted, measured and effective. This process involves a personalised program of training and follow-up activities for individuals or small teams.
- He can also prepare you and your team for a conference to make sure your investment of time and money is rewarded such as preparing talking points, who to meet, and follow-up plans.
- Projects have included developing a workshop for a recruitment firm of 18 staff including conversation, branding, working as a team, how to use LinkedIn, strategies and maintaining contacts as well as a leading national accounting practice.
- Phillip has also been engaged to run networking masterclass for the Australian Bureau of Statistics and run a ‘train the trainer ‘workshop for learning and development managers at the Department of Border Protection. These sessions provided the department with the capacity to run in-house networking events nationally.
LinkedIn Profile Development and Strategy
- Phillip has developed the facebook page and content strategy for the Department of Social Services, with a focus on engaging in a positive way with stakeholders and using the platform to tell the story of the key key the Department undertakes for the Australian community, as well as position it as an employer of choice.
- He also offers tailored workshops for professional associations on how their members can use LinkedIn to drive business and career outcomes, including a comprehensive workshop resource in hardcopy.
- For individuals he provides a bespoke solution that gives them the understanding and tools to:
- how to create and leverage their online profile
- what to say in your status updates and when
- how to use all the features and as a research tool
- building your professional brand + profile
- cultivating and nurturing new contacts
- creating a company profile and using it to showcase their expertise
- the opportunities and traps with LinkedIn Groups.
- This is a discrete service for individuals, and Phillip only takes on one client at a time for a 4-6 week experience to support them through a particular career challenge. He has successfully guided dozens of professionals in situations such as moving from the public to private sectors, enabled long sought for promotions, and guided them to new stages in their careers.
- He also provides the tools to enable them to present themselves professionally with confidence and a compelling narrative of what they can offer to a prospective employer, or to define their career aspirations realistically.
- He can also provide preparation for managers and executives attending work events, like conferences, to ensure they are making the most of theengagement opportunities, and to ensure their team are working effectively together.